Shareholder FAQs

What if I have lost my share certificate?

The Registrars keep a record of your name, address and the number of shares you own and can arrange to issue a duplicate certificate if necessary. If you have lost a certificate please report this to the Registrars as soon as possible on 0371 664 0300 from the UK or +44 (0) 371 664 0300 from overseas so they can put a “stop” on that certificate. 
For more information, please visit the Shareholder Portal Section of the Registrars website.

I have just changed my address, who needs to know?

When you change address, it is important you inform the Registrars as soon as possible to ensure you receive all shareholder communications.  You can do this on-line at the Shareholder Portal Section of the Registrars website. Alternatively, you can send a letter to the Registrars, which should include:


  • your name in full, as shown on your share certificates
  • your previous address
  • your new address
  • your shareholder account number if you have one (this can be found on your share certificate)

NB: All correspondence must be signed.

For security reasons, the Registrars cannot accept address changes by e-mail and can only accept address changes over the telephone if the shareholder is able to clear certain security procedures.

I have recently changed my name what should I do?

You can do this via the Shareholder Portal Section of the Registrars website and download the relevant forms. Alternatively, you can write to the Registrars giving full details of the following:


  • your old name
  • your new name
  • a copy of any legal documentation, such as marriage certificate or deed poll
  • where your name has changed as a result of separation or divorce, and you wish to revert to your maiden name, a copy of any supporting documentation must be sent to the Registrars

NB: All correspondence must be signed


How can I buy and sell shares?

There is no public market in the United Kingdom on which Ordinary Shares can be traded.  Should you wish to sell your Ordinary Shares on a public market, you will need to convert them to ADSs and sell on NASDAQ.  To do so, you will need to convert your Ordinary Shares into ADSs via the Company’s depositary bank, Citibank, and any sale of the resulting ADSs will likely need to be via a broker with US share trading capability. Please note that a conversion of Ordinary Shares into ADSs may incur a UK stamp duty, or SDRT, charge.  In all cases professional advice should be sought as to the applicable tax treatment. Fees may also be levied by the Company’s depositary bank upon such conversion.  Contact details for Citibank are available here.