|Job Title:||Vice President, Business and Corporate Development|
|Reports to:||John Richard|
|Salary Range:||Competitive according to experience + benefits|
|Duration of Post:||Full Time|
|Working Hours:||35 hours per week, with some occasional out-of-office hours according to company needs|
|Location:||London Office (at least 3 days in office and optional up to 2 days working from home)|
|How to Apply:||CV and detailed covering letter stating salary expectation and details of right to work in the UK|
Mereo is an international, clinical-phase biotech company with a focus on rare diseases and oncology. Our vision and mission are to bring safe and effective first-in-class treatments to areas of high unmet medical need. Founded in 2015, we currently have 3 development programmes, in oncology and rare diseases. These are: i) an anti-TIGIT being investigated in a range of rare tumours and gyn-onc tumours, ii) a neutrophil elastase inhibitor being investigated in the rare disease Alpha-1 Anti-trypsin Deficiency, and iii) an anti-sclerostin antibody being developed for the rare disease osteogenesis imperfecta by our partner Ultragenyx Pharmaceuticals. We aspire to harness the energy, drive, commitment and focus of a small company to build value into all our programmes and to work closely with all stakeholders in order to accomplish this. Our headquarters is located at 1 Cavendish Place, London, UK, where this role is based, and we have colleagues based on the East and West Coasts in the US. More information is available on our website: www.mereobiopharma.com.
CURRENT COMPANY SET-UP
This role will be based in the Company’s HQ office in London and Mereo will continue to adhere to the UK/US Government’s guidelines regarding working practices under the current COVID pandemic situation, adapting our working practices accordingly.
As the UK has begun to reopen in line with the vaccination program, Mereo staff are currently attending the office on alternate days with social distancing and other measures in place (including rapid testing) due to Covid 19 restrictions.
Purpose of the Vice President, Business and Corporate Development role:
Mereo BioPharma Group plc is seeking a Vice President of Business and Corporate Development to lead Mereo’s Business Development function. This is a highly strategic role that will develop strategies and drive execution to build high-value partnerships and collaborations. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the business as well as a proven ability to source, negotiate and close deals and proven strategic and critical thinking.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, lead, and implement a cohesive strategic plan for global business development based on the corporate strategy and corporate development priorities.
- Lead and implement the full partnership development cycle, including opportunity identification and prioritisation, market research, needs analysis, partnership solutions, and preparing the transaction plan and closing transactional deals.
- Source, evaluate, develop, structure, negotiate and close business and financial terms for in-licensing, out-licensing, and partnership transactions.
- Develop and mentor the business development team.
- Collaborate with leadership, internal stakeholders, and project teams to define and initiate collaborative projects that advance our programs and priorities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external audiences in support of business development initiatives.
- Establish and foster relationships with external targets aligned to business opportunities.
Education, Qualifications & Training
|Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline||Bachelor of Science Degree is required. Advanced degree in scientific/medical field and/or MBA is strongly preferred.|
|Knowledge & Experience|
|Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.)||
Must be IT competent and have a knowledge of data protection.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS & WHERE TO SEND CVs
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title included in the subject line. You will receive a response to acknowledge receipt.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
SELECTION PROCESS & DATE OF INTERVIEWS
Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend interviews.