We are looking for an enthusiastic, skilled, experienced and motivated communications professional to join the team. In this exciting role, the Communications Manager will work to draft, develop, deliver and implement our corporate communications programmes to enhance the visibility of Mereo’s vision, mission and programmes to external and internal audiences, working with and managing external agencies where required.
||Head of Patient Access & Commercial Planning
||Competitive Salary commensurate with experience; comprehensive Benefits package
||Central London – with potential occasional overseas travel (post-COVID restrictions)
||Full-Time Permanent Post
Role Location – COVID
In normal circumstances, this role will be based in the Company’s HQ office in Central London. Mereo will continue to adhere to the UK Government’s guidelines regarding working practices under the current COVID pandemic situation, adapting our working practices accordingly and, as such, this role will need to be able to work effectively from a home-office setting.
- Set up and effectively manage the internal and external communications programmes in support of the Executive Team and the organization as a whole;
- Develop, edit and manage content for all communications channels in collaboration with content owners and external agencies, as well as partner companies as appropriate;
- Working with an external professional Agency/ies, lead and project-manage the revision, upgrade and rebuild of the corporate website as part of Mereo’s overall communications strategy and continue to monitor and maintain the content on an ongoing basis;
- Create and manage the company’s overall online and social media programme according to a proactively developed & managed corporate calendar in line with the legal requirements of a publicly listed, biotech company;
- Measure the effectiveness of online & digital content and identify improvements to structure and content, developing and rolling out upgrades based on analytics including e.g., Google analytics and other tools;
- Support the organisation in developing visually appealing communications materials such as presentations with infographics to be used in communications activities;
- Support the senior-level team members in speaking engagements, public appearances and proactive engagements where appropriate;
- Keep track of activities as per the communications strategy and monitor external communications channels and opportunities on relevant actions as well as tracking success; and
- Participate in relevant meetings to gain knowledge of key topical issues and proactively address specific communication needs.
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, e.g., Communications, Journalism or other, related field; and
- Fluent in English – written and spoken – to mother-tongue or equivalent level – other European languages would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3 years’ demonstrable experience in similar or related role, ideally in a communications agency or at a biotech or pharma company; experience working with external communications agencies either in-house or as client would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience of roll-out of a new website and working with web development & management of agencies to deliver and manage content. Direct experience of using content management systems to update web pages would be an advantage;
- Experience of writing, editing and proof-reading content across channels;
- Experience of using social media – Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. – in a professional capacity; direct experience of using social media effectively in a highly regulated industry setting (e.g., pharma, finance, etc.) would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of developing, delivering & evaluating the success of communications programmes across channels to increase audience engagement and organisational visibility; and
- Experience of successfully coordinating projects involving multiple stakeholders and phases.
Skills, Capabilities & Qualities
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines with high-quality deliverables in a busy and rapidly changing environment;
- Excellent communications abilities, especially strong writing and editorial abilities;
- Highly self-motivated and hard-working with the ability to work well under own initiative;
- Good relationship-builder, able to foster good working relationships inside and outside the organization at all levels;
- Exercises good judgement, sensitivity, tact and diplomacy;
- Creative thinker, with the ability to put innovative ideas into practice;
- Able to take a coherent, planned approach to key work;
- “Can do” attitude approach to problem-solving;
- Able to learn and adopt new skills quickly;
- Team player; and
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.) as well as industry standard social media platforms, media monitoring software and other current public relations & communications tools
Our values & commitments / working at Mereo
- A flexible approach to work in order to secure integrity of Mereo’s legal and reputational commitments, including occasional evening and/or out of office hours work according to company need and with prior agreement with line manager, particularly in securing accessibility of website under legally required situations
- Commitment to compliance with legal and industry requirements commensurate with a publicly listed company – e.g. NASDAQ – and biotech pharmaceutical rules, e.g., ABPI / EFPIA / PhRMA Codes of Conduct & Ethics
- Commitment to equality and diversity, creating and maintaining a respectful professional environment
- Commitment to own professional development
- Basic knowledge of and commitment to Data Protection & willingness to take on training in this area
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the job title included in the subject line. You will receive a response to acknowledge receipt.
Short-listed applicants will be sent a letter inviting them to interviews; and final-stage candidate(s) may also be asked to perform a written exercise.
Thank you for your interest in joining Team Mereo!